Vértice Patagonia welcomes you to your next hiking adventure! Be prepared for harsh weather conditions, getting out of your comfort zone, defying yourself and the most important, feeling the grandeur of nature and its wilderness!
Camping Grey is the closest to Glacier Grey and it is the starting point for the glacier excursions, such as ice hiking over the glacier, kayaking around the icebergs or hiking up to the hanging bridges for a panoramic view over the Patagonian Southern Ice Field. Camping Grey is also part of the W Circuit and Paine Massif Circuit (the ‘O’).
HOW TO GET THERE
- Paine Grande - Grey trail (11 km / 6,8 mi / 3,5 hr. app./ Difficulty: Moderate)
- Catamaran navigation through Lake Grey (1,5 navigation hrs. app.)
- Los Perros- Grey Trail (23 km /14,3 mi / 10,5hrs / Difficulty: Strenuous)
As an additional service, you can book a set up tent, including a sleeping bag and a matt, so you can enjoy the outdoor life without the extra heavy weight when hiking the trails.
The camping features communal bathrooms (separated men/women) with cold water sinks and hot water showers (Please check showers operating schedule at the front desk).
If you want to prepare your own meal, you will find all the supplies and ingredients to cook, such as pasta, sauce, cans as well as snacks such as chocolates, cereal bars and protein bars. In addition, there are souvenirs, handicraft and accessories such as: rain poncho, maps, lanterns, etc.
Quincho (Cooking Area)
The Quincho is the only authorized area to prepare and cook your own meals. You must bring your own cooking gear. At the grocery store there are gas cartridge available and supplies.
Refugio Grey, right next to the campsites, features a cafeteria with a daily menu and 1 vegetarian alternative. Dinner, breakfast and lunch or box lunch are available, as well as non-alcoholic beverages, wine and beer. Throughout the day, coffee and tea are available. Dinner must be reserved before 17:00 hrs and box lunch must be requested when checking in.
- There are no special diet alternatives such as vegan, gluten and lactose intolerant and/ or other food allergies or restrictions.
- Please check at the front desk for the cafeteria opening hours. Meals are not served off the clock.
Located next to the lounge area, you can enjoy a beer, a glass of wine or a drink prepared with the ice from the glacier!
This service is available for guests. Please ask for the rates at the reception.
You will find available plugs (220 CV voltage) at the quincho. There is no electricity at night, in order to save energy. Check the working hours at the reception.
There is no cellular phone signal within the national park. Camping Grey does not feature Wi Fi nor Internet service for their guests.
Season from October 1st, 2017 to April 30th, 2018
(Camping Grey is closed during low season).
|Camping||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Campsite (per person, per night)||5.000||8|
|Meals||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Lunch or Box Lunch||11.000||17|
|Special Dates||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Christmas/New Year Full Board||56.000||85|
|Christmas/New Year Dinner||37.000||55|
|Additional Services||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Sleeping bag, each night (only when camping)||12.000||17|
|Tent (max. 2 persons) each night||18.000||25|
|Mat (Sleeping Pad), each night||4.000||7|
Notes & Conditions
- USD Dollars rates apply only to foreigners visiting Chile. Every passenger must show their passport and immigration card when checking-in, otherwise you will be charged the VAT difference (19% tax) at the front desk, according to Chilean Tax Law.
- All service must be booked in advance and paid 48 hrs after receiving confirmation.
- Reservation cancellations after the deadlines established, are considered 100% of expenses as well as partial reductions in the number of passengers.
- Singles: Cancellations of single reservations before 31 days from the date of check in, are free of charge. Cancellations of single bookings made 30 days or less before check-in, will be charged 100%.
- Groups (10 or more passengers): Cancellations or changes to bookings series or groups before 61 days, applies the 30% penalty paid, for cancellations 60 days or less of check in or entry, apply a fine of 100% booking value.
|Camping & Refugio|
|Breakfast||7:00 am - 9:00 am|
|Lunch||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm|
|Dinner (1)||7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Energy||5:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Minimarket||Request at reception desk|
|Quincho (BBQ area)||8:00 am - 10:00 pm|
|Restrooms (2)||24 hrs (only Refugio)|
|Showers (With hot water)||6:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Central Heating||Not Available|
(1) If you haven't reserved full board meals or dinner, please reserve and pay before 4:00 p.m.
(2) Restrooms can be temporarilly closed for cleaning or maintenance. Note: Schedules can vary without prior notice, please confirm yourself on each camping or shelter.