Located on the edge of Lake Lake, with beautiful views to the Cuernos del Paine and Paine Grande Mountain, Camping Paine Grande is the gate for Glacier Grey and French Valley trails, as well as part of the W Circuit and Paine Massif Circuit (the ‘O’).
HOW TO GET THERE
- Catamaran Pudeto-Pehoe (30 min. navigation)
- Italiano-Paine Grande trail (7,6 km / 4,7 mi / Difficulty: Moderate)
- Grey-Paine Grande trail (11 km / 6,8 mi / Difficulty: Moderate)
- Las Carretas Trail: Paine Grande-Park Administration Offices (17km / 10,6 mi / Difficulty: Moderate / Important: This is an exit trail only, confirm with CONAF about trails conditions and updates).
As an additional service, you can book a set up tent, including a sleeping bag and a matt, so you can enjoy the outdoor life without the extra heavy weight when hiking the trails.
Camping Paine Grande features communal bathrooms (separated men/women), with cold water sinks and hot water showers with push-button valves to save water (Please check showers operating schedule at the front desk).
*** IMPORTANT ***
According to Torres del Paine National Park regulations, it is mandatory to book your campsite before entering the park. Due to the high demand, please book in advance.
If you want to prepare your own meal, you will find all the supplies and ingredients to cook, such as pasta, sauce, cans as well as snacks such as chocolates, cereal bars and protein bars. In addition, there are souvenirs, handicraft and accessories such as: rain poncho, maps, lanterns, etc.
Quincho (Cooking Area)
The Quincho is the only authorized area to prepare and cook your own meals. You must bring your own cooking gear, at the grocery store you will find gas cartridges and supplies.
Refugio Paine Grande, right next to the camping, features a cafeteria with a daily menu and 1 vegetarian alternative. Dinner, breakfast and lunch or box lunch are available, as well as non-alcoholic beverages, wine and beer. Throughout the day, coffee, tea, and some bakery are available. Dinner must be reserved before 17:00 hrs and box lunch must be requested when checking in.
- There are no special diet alternatives such as vegan, gluten and lactose intolerant and/ or other food allergies or restrictions.
- Please check at the front desk for the cafeteria opening hours. Meals are not served off the clock.
Located on the second floor of Refugio Paine Grande, the bar offers a beautiful view over Lake Pehoe and Cuernos del Paine. Enjoy a drink, a beer or a glass of wine with your fellow hikers.
Plugs are available at the quincho (220 CV voltage). There is no electricity at night, in order to save energy. Check the working hours at the front desk.
This service is available for guests. Please ask for the rates at the front desk.
There is no cellular phone signal within the national park. In Paine Grande you can hire Wi-Fi, you must have a PayPal account available. Ask for the rates at the front desk.
Season from September 1st, 2017 to April 30th, 2018
|Camping||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Per person, per night||6.000||10|
|Meals||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Lunch or Box Lunch||11.000||17|
|Special Dates||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Christmas/New Year Full Board||56.000||85|
|Christmas/New Year Dinner||37.000||55|
|Additional Service||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Sleeping bag, each night (only when camping)||12.000||17|
|Tent (max. 2 persons) each night||18.000||25|
|Mat (Sleeping Pad), each night||4.000||7|
Notes & Conditions
- USD Dollars rates apply only to foreigners visiting Chile. Every passenger must show their passport and immigration card when checking-in, otherwise you will be charged the VAT difference (19% tax) at the front desk, according to Chilean Tax Law.
- All service must be booked in advance and paid 48 hrs after receiving confirmation.
- Reservation cancellations after the deadlines established, are considered 100% of expenses as well as partial reductions in the number of passengers.
- Singles: Cancellations of single reservations before 31 days from the date of check in, are free of charge. Cancellations of single bookings made 30 days or less before check-in, will be charged 100%.
- Groups (10 or more passengers): Cancellations or changes to bookings series or groups before 61 days, applies the 30% penalty paid, for cancellations 60 days or less of check in or entry, apply a fine of 100% booking value.
|Camping & Refugio|
|Breakfast||7:00 am - 9:00 am|
|Lunch||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm|
|Dinner (1)||7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Energy||5:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Minimarket||Request at reception desk|
|Quincho (BBQ area)||8:00 am - 10:00 pm|
|Restrooms (2)||24 hrs (only Refugio)|
|Showers (With hot water)||6:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Central Heating||Not Available|
(1) If you haven't reserved full board meals or dinner, please reserve and pay before 4:00 p.m.
(2) Restrooms can be temporarilly closed for cleaning or maintenance. Note: Schedules can vary without prior notice, please confirm yourself on each camping or shelter.