Refugio Dickson is the furthest refugio in Torres del Paine National Park, featuring an exceptional location on the edge of Lake Dickson, where only the more adventurous hikers arrive. It is the one of the ‘must’ when hiking the Macizo Paine Circuit (‘O’ Circuit).
HOW TO GET THERE
Serón – Dickson trail (18 km / 11 mi / 6 hrs. app / Difficulty: Moderate)
Refugio Dickson has a capacity for 27 guests. Shared mixed rooms in bunk beds with simple bed (you have to bring your own sleeping bag) or made up bed (sheets and cover) are available. Rooms do not feature heating. Towels are available for an extra fee.
The refugio features communal bathrooms (separated men/women) with cold water sinks and hot water showers. (Please check showers operating schedule at the front desk).
Refugio Dickson features a cafeteria with a daily menu and 1 vegetarian alternative. Dinner, breakfast and lunch, as well as box lunch are available, as well as non-alcoholic beverages, wine and beer. Dinner must be reserved before 17:00 hrs and box lunch must be requested when checking in.
- There are no special diet alternatives such as vegan, gluten and lactose intolerant and/ or other food allergies or restrictions.
- Please check the cafeteria opening hours at the front desk. Meals are not served off the clock.
The small but welcoming living room is the meeting point to share the adventures and anecdotes with the fellow hikers.
If you want to prepare your own meal, you will find all the supplies and ingredients to cook, such as pasta, sauce, cans and snacks such as chocolates, cereal bars and protein bars. In addition, there are souvenirs, handicraft and accessories such as: rain poncho, maps, lanterns and more.
Note: It is not allowed to cook inside the Refugio. The Quincho (Cooking Area) located in the camping area is the only authorized area to prepare and cook your own meals.
You will find available plugs (220 CV voltage). There is no electricity at night, in order to save energy. Check the working hours at the reception.
There is no cellular phone signal within the national park. Refugio Dickson does not feature Wi Fi nor Internet service for their guests.
Season (November - March) is subject to weather conditions, please confirm when booking.
(Closed during off-season).
|Refugio||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Meals||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Lunch or Box Lunch||11.000||17|
|* Services on special dates||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Full Board Christmas / New Year||56.000||85|
|Dinner Christmas / New Year||37.000||55|
|Additionals||CLP w/ VAT||USD w/o VAT|
|Bed Kit, each night (sheets, pillow, blanket)||32.000||48|
Notes & conditions
- USD Dollars rates apply only to foreigners visiting Chile. Every passenger must show their passport and immigration card when checking-in, otherwise you will be charged the VAT difference (19% tax) at the front desk, according to Chilean Tax Law.
- All services must be booked in advance and paid 48 hrs after receiving confirmation.
- Reservation cancellations after the deadlines established, are considered 100% of expenses as well as partial reductions in the number of passengers.
- Singles: Cancellations of single reservations before 31 days from the date of check in, are free of charge. Cancellations of single bookings made 30 days or less before check-in, will be charged 100%.
- Groups (10 or more passengers): Cancellations or changes to bookings series or groups before 61 days, applies the 30% penalty paid, for cancellations 60 days or less of check in or entry, apply a fine of 100% booking value.