The shelter is located on the edge of lake Pehoé with a privileged view over Cuernos del Paine. The main access to the shelter is an astonishing navigation through lake Pehoé from Pudeto. Shelter Paine Grande is the starting point to Grey Glacier area and the beautiful Valle del Francés.
The building can accommodate 100 hikers in 24 rooms with bunks for 2, 4 or 6 people. Some rooms feature a beautiful view of the lake, Cuernos del Paine and some others to the mountains.
Bathrooms are shared, with wash basins, toilets and independent showers with hot water for men and women.
It also provides custody service only for guests.
The shelter features a cafeteria offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, drinks, beers and wines. Dinner is served between 7 and 9 pm and must be booked and paid before 5 pm. Box lunch option must be requested a day in advance.
Located on the second floor Paine Grande Bar is the ideal place share your adventure at Torres del Paine while overlooking the lake and Cuernos del Paine. Enjoy a beer, a traditional pisco sour or a glass of wine.
Open from 5 to 11 pm.
Equipped with slow combustion heating and sofas to relax after an exhausting hike.
Here you can buy souvenirs, clothes, accesories, food, snacks and drinks.
Season from 1st of May to 30th of August
(Opening and closing depend on weather conditions may be changed depending on these.)
|Shelter||CLP with VAT||USD without VAT|
The service "basic bed" includes a mattress with pillow in dormitories with 4 or 6 beds. For the reservation the service is confirmed but it is not possible to reserve specific rooms. This is similar to selling airlines system where specific sitting is confirmed prior check-in. The basic bed is available only at the Dickson, Paine Grande and Grey lodges and it is possible to book in addition lease of a "sleeping bag" or a "kit bed."
|Meals||CLP with VAT||USD without VAT|
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you should prepare for the day ahead of trekking. Breakfasts at Vértice Patagonia consists of a buffet with cereals, bread and fruit, tea, coffee and milk, among other things.
|Lunch or Box Lunch
For all hikers or guests who make half day tours Vértice Patagonia offers lunch service. Tasty and hearty dishes designed to replenish energy at noon. If you have purchased the full board package we ask you to inform our staff in the morning if you would have a lunch box to carry or lunch at the dinning room.
Lunch Box service is designed for hikers leaving the shelter first time in the morning to arrive in the afternoon to the next point on their route and is an alternative to lunch at the dinning room. The food does not require any preparation and the ingredients are a selection to satisfy the average person for a day of physical activity.
Dinner is the time of day to relive the experiences of the day and share a pleasant evening with hikers who come from different points at the Torres del Paine National Park. For this reason Vértice Patagonia offers dishes that can be accompanied by a tasty pisco sour or a good red wine.
|Rentals||CLP with IVA|
|Sleeping bag, each night||10.000|
|Tent (max. 2 persons) each night||15.000|
|Mat (Sleeping Pad), each night||3.000|
|Bed Kit, each night (sheets, pillow, blanket)||15.000|
|Ñandú Room for groups||40.000|
Notes & Conditions
- All service must be booked in advance and paid 48 hrs after receiving confirmation.
- Reservation cancellations after the deadlines established, are considered 100% of expenses as well as partial reductions in the number of passengers.
- Singles: Cancellations of single reservations before 31 days from the date of check in, are free of charge. Cancellations of single bookings made 30 days or less before check-in, will be charged 100%.
- Groups (10 or more passengers): Cancellations or changes to bookings series or groups before 61 days, applies the 30% penalty paid, for cancellations 60 days or less of check in or entry, apply a fine of 100% booking value.
|Camping & Shelter|
|Breakfast||8:00 am - 9:00 am|
|Lunch||1:00 pm - 2:00 pm|
|Dinner (1)||8:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Energy||5:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Minimarket||Request at reception desk|
|Quincho (BBQ area)||8:00 am - 10:00 pm|
|Restrooms (2)||24 hrs (just shelter)|
|Showers (With hot water)||6:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
(1) If you haven't reserved full board meals or dinner, please reserve and pay before 4:00 p.m.
(2) Restrooms can be temporarilly closed for cleaning or maintenance. Note: Schedules can vary without prior notice, please confirm yourself on each camping or shelter.